My fellow blogger Jennifer, at My Chocolate Heart, has a weekly Sunday Praise Column and she invites others to join suit. She has also been looking for signs of positive change in the Catholic Church, living symbols of what the Church is doing right. Inspired by the Holy Spirit on the Feast of Pentecost, I am praising God for all of the good in the Catholic Church...
1. Catholic Blogs-a great source of blessing and an opportunity to join with other like-minded Catholics!
2. Young adults who convert to Catholicism and are on FIRE for the faith!
3. Six men were ordained to the Priesthood here in Milwaukee this year, and I'm sure there were many more throughout the United States. Wondrous growth with more to come!
4. My children who each find their own way to the Lord. (When my 4th son was born, a woman from church came to visit me in the hospital and said,"You poor thing, 4 boys, they will all grow up and leave you." I said, "Maybe they'll all grow up to be priests!" Two of my four boys talk about it all the time!)
5. An increased interest in the rosary,adoration, daily Mass, and other traditional church practices.
6. Wonderful priests who are faithful to the Church and draw others to this same faithfulness by their happy, positive outlooks.
7. Large families with lots of potential vocations within them!
8. Archbishop Timothy Dolan promoted to the post of New York-here's a joyful man in a large Archdiocese where he will draw more and more people to the Catholic Church. (We will always miss him terribly here in Milwaukee-but its for the good of the church so we can endure anything!)
9. Summer vocations camps for boys and girls interested in religious life to give them a taste of what this life will be like.
Happy Feast of Pentecost! Veni Sancte Spiritus! Feel free to add your own signs of growth and goodness in the church and forward them to My Chocolate Heart as well!