Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Do not be afraid;just have faith"

I am an extremely fear-filled person. My first impulse is always to run, hide and escape. Do you ever feel this way-completely overwhelmed by the worries of life, stomach twisted in knots? Whenever these feelings come over me, I try to spend some time in prayer with God, pouring my fear out to his always loving heart. My favorite place to spend this time with God is at Mass. This usually brings me out of my shell. Then, little by little, I'm able to start confiding my fears in a trusted friend. Before I know it, the fear disappears and is replaced by courageous faith. I wonder what I was so worried about in the first place! I'm able to step beyond my fears and share my faith in ways I never knew I could. God gives me the courage to witness to his love for me and somehow, that witness strengthens my faith and helps me to continue on in service of the Lord. I find that I am able to do things I had never dreamed would be possible. Five years ago, I never would have envisioned myself lectoring at Mass, writing a blog or sharing my faith with clients at work. But with faith in God, all things are possible.

Jesus, keep reminding me over and over again, that with faith in you, I have nothing to fear. Amen.

"Do not be afraid; just have faith." Mark 5:21-43

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I go through this frequently with my social anxiety, and I've found if I just stop thinking and completely focus on Jesus' light, love and warmth shining on me, warming and surrounding me, the fear lifts.

    Isn't He wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete