Friday, June 26, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award


The Honest Scrap Award

I am thrilled and humbled to say that I have been awarded this honor by both Therese, at Carmelitemom and Esther at Catholic Mom in Hawaii. Thank you both so very, very much! It is a challenge to come up with ten honest things about myself since I usually lie about everything!:)-kidding!

I do need to begin with an apology. Something is wrong with my "link" thingamajig-I've been putzing with it for days! I can't seem to get it to work, so I will say to those who would like to check out Therese or Esther's blogs as well as those I will be sending this award on to, please check out the links from my "blog list". And if any of you are handy enough at explaining how I can fix this problem, I would love some help in this regard, because it is driving me nuts!

Here are the rules:

In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.

Ten Things

1. My husband and I met at a bar-Georgie's Pub and Grub- (we were set up), the bar has since burned down, the church we were married at has merged with several others and is known by a different name,and the hall where we had our reception was demolished to make way for a gas station. But we're still married-some things never change! (Thank God!)

2. I have never flown in an airplane. My feet are planted firmly on the ground.

3. As a child, I had a pet duckling named "Oscar the Grouch". When he got too big, we gave him to my Aunt Monica because she had a farm. I think she ate him for dinner!:(

4. People are always surprised when I tell them that I used to smoke. (Quit 21 years ago.)

5. I hate tv-except American Idol to which I am addicted!

6. I don't have cable, otherwise I'm sure I'd be addicted to EWTN as well.

7. I have had many hobbies-floral arranging, scrapbooking, counted-cross-stitch-all of which I thought would last forever. My current hobby is blogging. Will it last forever?

8. I have a deep desire to write for the Milwaukee Catholic Herald or the Archdiocesan website, Living our Faith. I can't let go of it even though they don't need/want me! I should probably be in therapy!

9. I love my job as a Nutritionist and Breastfeeding Educator at the WIC Clinic. Not many people can say that they love their jobs! I am blessed!

10. I join with Therese in having spiritual avarice regarding reading spiritual books. I've been keeping a list of all the books I've read in the past two years, all 147 of them! Only, I can't afford to buy that many books, so I am a regular at the Salzmann Library at the Seminary. I love it there!

I pass this award on to...

1.Inside Out
2.Living in His Amazing Grace
3.Lord, Make Me a Saint
4.My Silent Journey
5.Journey of a Prodigal Daughter
6.Poetry and Paradise
7.Adoro te Devote

Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Annie... You are deserving of this bloggy award too! And thanks for thinking of me and honoring me with this award! Your too kind! ♥

    ReplyDelete