Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pondering Pages-"Choosing Beauty"


Today, I join with Lara at Holy Mothering, and others in reflecting on favorite spiritual books. Join us! Add the MEME to your site and post on Tuesdays!


"Choosing Beauty" by Gina Loehr-Servant Books
Gina Loehr, the author of "Real Women, Real Saints" also published by Servant Books, has just released a new book, "Choosing Beauty". This book was very easy to read. It would make a perfect gift for a bride-to-be, or any young adult woman in your life. The premise of the book is how to become beautiful on the inside, where it really matters, and then that beauty will shine through to our exterior selves. Gina Loehr has become one of my favorite authors, her books go straight to my heart as a Catholic woman and inspire me to live my life for God alone. Here is one of my favorite excerpts from "Choosing Beauty"...

"Being trapped in either despair or presumption is like being on a seesaw that can't move. Its a paralysis of the soul. Hope unlocks the hinge, allowing our souls to have the free, joyful, carefree spirits of a trusting child. God gave us each the gift of hope at our baptism. Our task is simply to accept the gift and incorporate it into our lives."

"Prayer: Lord God, you know the dark places in my soul. You know where I need your light to heal me and change my despair into authentic hope. I give you permission to enter these hidden places and to transform them by your grace. Amen."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Anne! I look forward to getting to know this author!
    And I am amazed at how well our two posts for this meme today complement one another...stop by my post and you'll see what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post & I'm going to get that book. It really spoke to me since I wasted so many years in my 20's trying to live up to some imaginary beauty ideal (of course it was only physical, not anything to do with the beauty inside that never fades--just keeps getting more and more beautiful).

    This topic is so importnant for me since I have 2 girls, and I do not ever want them to feel that their ouside informs what's inside.

    Real, beautiful, radiant love on the outside comes only from the love of the Lord.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you,Anne. This book does sound good.The Lord is doing a lot of healing of past wounds lately and I am trying to let go and let God! Did you have to get this book online?

    ReplyDelete