Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Power to Find Me


"You have the power to go where no one else can find me,
Yes, and to silently remind me
Of the happiness and good times that I know."

-Something in the Way She Moves-James Taylor























My Jesus,

It is only You who has the power to go where no one else can find me. It's so easy for me to hide within myself, to hold everything inside, to reveal only insolence to others in an effort to hold them at bay and keep them out of my heart. If I try to reach out, to speak of my pain to others, my words always fall flat, like a raindrop splattered on the steaming asphalt; they evaporate before they are properly understood, even by myself. I feel like a lost soul. Yet with only a short time in the presence of Your precious Host You rush right to my center, to my aching heart, and You flood it with reminders of joy. The power of Your love heals me. You don't have to speak a single word, I feel Your love for me in the sacred silence, as my eyes devour Your beauty residing in the golden vessel. Use Your power sweet Jesus; find me.

Amen.

10 comments:

  1. My pastor spoke so much the other day about Christ's POWER going out of Himself:
    And he reminded us that when we sit before the exposed Blessed Sacrament...that POWER IS GOING OUT...and WE are receiving it.
    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you make me REALLY want to go to Adoration now!

    Beautiful image and sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Beautiful prayer, from the heart. Very powerful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit it smack dab on the head in this prayer. I enjoy reading your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Anne, for so often expressing our yearning and His responding in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne,
    Jesus smiled when He heard this prayer! It really gets to the heart of who He is and what He does. It is so comforting to know Jesus can and will find me even when I have no idea where I am.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful, heartfelt prayers with us.
    Gos Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words are always beautiful. They strike people right in the heart. This is a great gift you have.

    Thank you, also, for the Mass and prayers. I really appreciate this. You and your family are in my prayers,too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Anne. It's funny--I grew up with that JT song and always felt it was for Jesus (from me, for Him). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! I always like to meditate on the woman who touchd the hem of Jesus' robe as he walked by and He knew it because of the power that flowed from Him to her. Lord, let me just touch a thread of the fabric of your robe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "my words always fall flat, like a raindrop splattered on the steaming asphalt; they evaporate before they are properly understood, even by myself" — That line spoke to me so deeply. Thank you, Anne!

    ReplyDelete