Monday, September 14, 2009

Exaltation of the Holy Cross

"Let us ever glory in the cross of Christ
and the triumph of God's great love."
Daniel Schutte




I kiss the crucifix at the end of my rosary every morning before rising from bed. I press my finger onto the corpus of my Lord to try to feel His wounds. It makes me wonder...

What if the next time I kiss the cross, I can taste His blood on my lips, bitter with sorrow?

What if the next time I try to feel His wounds, my own finger is pricked and bleeds from the thorns?

What if His blood mingles with mine?

Will my wretched soul become holier?
Will my weak spirit be made stronger?
Will my sinful desires disappear?

Will His blood pulsate in my veins releasing His sweet love throughout my entire being?

Please, my sweet Jesus, I want to feel Your Precious Blood flowing throughout my body, in and out of my heart with every life-giving beat of this vessel of love.

Live in me Jesus.
Flow through me Jesus.
Bring me to life in You through your Holy Cross.

Amen.

7 comments:

  1. God bless you always Anne! You are SUCH an inspiration to me. I am overwhelmed by the amount of love, faith and joy that transpire from every single word you write ...

    I don't often leave a comment, but you can rest assured that I am taking in everything you write. It is so helpful in getting me back on the right road to Christ. I have so much work to do ... but I am learning from you and from other wonderful bloggers, and already I have started saying the rosary almost every day. But I have a long long way to go.

    You are an absolute marvel and about your consecration to Mary - wow what a truly marvellous thing - I would love to know more.

    Bye for now and thank you for the great work that you are doing via this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reflections, Anne! Praying for your discernment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Amen! Thank you for this post, Anne. It is touching and inspiring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure poetry! What an absolutely beautiful meditation. Thank you for helping me through a tough day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents taught us to kiss the cross at the end of a Rosary...and now our kids do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! And I guess the answer is yes since we receive Him in Communion. His love shines in this gift He has given you. What wonderful treasures He pours upon souls open to Him! I like many blogs but three are my favorites. Yours is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful prayer/poem!:) I often pray these same words too!;)

    Live in me Jesus.
    Flow through me Jesus.
    Bring me to life in You through your Holy Cross.

    Blessings to you always!:)

    ReplyDelete