Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Beautiful Holy Day!/Thank You


I am incredibly proud and honored that I was able to consecrate myself to Jesus through Mary today! And I owe a deep, deep debt of gratitude to this blogging community who helped to make it possible! It was you, dear blogging friends, who inspired me by sharing your own stories of consecration. It was by your example that I first allowed the call to consecration to resonate within my own heart. Then, when I read "True Devotion to Mary" and felt that I had struggled through it and wondered whether this was something upon which I should really follow through , you overwhelmed me with your encouragement and stories of the profound difference that you felt this consecration had made in your own lives. My entire preparation period was filled with the graces of which you all spoke and I grew more and more excited as the day approached. Until this past week. I believe that God spoke deeply to my heart and reminded me that I had an unconfessed sin that needed to be tended to before I should present myself for consecration. I believe that the devil took this opportunity to begin to speak evil lies to me, telling me that I am not worthy and that Mary and Jesus didn't want me, and who was I to think that consecration would be for me? I wrote a tearful prayer about my struggle and once again, you responded with encouragement, support and love. But most important of all, you prayed for me! We all know that no evil can withstand the power of prayer!

I am blessed with the friendship of Fr. Don Hying, whom I've written about before. He is the Rector of St. Francis de Sales Seminary in Milwaukee. He was able to hear my confession just before the consecration and then he held a conference about St. Louis de Montfort and the consecration. It was beautiful! He, like you wonderful blogging friends, was very encouraging and supportive. Finally, my dear, sweet niece Jenny whom I love with all of my heart, joined me in the consecration. We were able to support and encourage one another as we journeyed to consecration together.

So I am extremely thankful to God, to Fr. Don, to Jenny and to all of you wonderful internet friends who are so good and holy and have brought me closer to God. May God continue to shower you with sanctifying grace and love! You all remain in my prayers!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Consecration Day! Our Lady's army just grew stronger! This is the army that she will use to defeat satan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AVE AVE AVE MARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    God bless you on this most glorious of days Anne! And God bless Jenny too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! A great day in this month of the Rosary! Totus Tuus!

    In prayer,

    Edel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many blessings, Anne! You sound so joyful. What a wonderful day!

    Would love to hear more about the specifics... what does the consecration involve? Is there a ceremony? What did you say/do? (Can you tell I am ignorant?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne-congratulations! What a wonderful day! Ditto what My Chocolate Heart said-would love more information!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Our Lady of Good Counsel, pray for us! I love seeing her here. She's the patron of Military Counsel of Catholic Women (MCCW).

    Welcome aboard, friend. BIG HUGS!
    Totus Tuus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne,
    What a blessed day. I know Jesus and Our lady must be smiling over your consecration today.Many blessings and graces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your very kind words! I will work on a post about the details of the Consecration to answer your questions Jennifer and Therese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic!! This is something we are beginning to discuss in our women's Bible study group, and our priest is planning to help us prepare for consecration if we choose to make that step. We'll have the opportunity to make the consecration on Dec. 8, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I picked up a copy of the consecration preparation yesterday, and I'm anxious to get my hands on "True Devotion to Mary." Our local Catholic bookstore was all sold out--drat!! I still don't know if I'll do it this time around, but it's exciting to think about! I'm not sure what it involves; I'd love to hear more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salve Mater Misericordiae......Anne, Jesus and Our Blessed Mother are with you. On my right ring finger, I wear two thin gold bands. One says Hail Mary, the other says Jesus I Trust in You. The Hail Mary is on my finger first because I remember as a child learning............To Jesus Through Mary.

    Blessings,
    Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete