Saturday, November 28, 2009

Praise for the Balance of God!


"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing" Psalm 30:11

Our God is a God of balance. He will never leave us in eternal sorrow or in eternal joy while our footsteps walk the soil of the land. No matter what we feel or have now, it is certain that He will give us an opposite to keep us balanced and detached from extremes. Praise for the Balance of God!

Praise for nights of darkness balanced by mornings of pink and blue sunrise.

Praise for frosty mornings balanced by the warmth of a woolen coat.

Praise for the pain of hunger balanced by a full, nourishing meal.

Praise for the dignity of work balanced by peaceful rest.

Praise for tears of sadness balanced by the sound of laughter.

Praise for empty loneliness balanced by the embrace of love.

Praise for songs of jubilation balanced by silent prayer.

For all of this and so much more, I praise You my glorious God, for you are always with me, loving me with your gifts of balance. Amen.

(Thanks to Jennifer at My Chocolate Heart for the Praise MEME.)

3 comments:

  1. Your "Praise" columns are my favorite. I look forward to them every week. God Bless you and your family, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVED this!! What a wonderful perspective on *balance*. I will be keeping this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of it -- both sides of the teeter-totter that we call life. Have a great, balanced day!

    ReplyDelete