Sunday, November 8, 2009
When I awake in the morning, and the fog of sadness overcomes me, thinking of reasons to praise God always picks me up...
1. My mother-in-law Marilyn had successful surgery this week to remove her breast cancer, and my nephew had successful surgery after being assaulted. (See my sister Debby's blog, Heavenly Humor, for the story and to join in prayer for Aaron.)
2. My nephew and Godson, Matthew was able to spend a few days at home from his military station in California before he leaves with the Marines for Afghanistan. It was wonderful to spend some time with him and celebrate his birthday before he goes. We were especially blessed with beautiful warm weather for November as we wandered the zoo on a family-free day.
3. My husband and I enjoyed a vacation day together this week browsing at an antique store and sampling treats at a gourmet grocery store. Days alone together are a rare treat!
4. My son Jack served at his first Mass this week. He was so excited and did a very good job!
5. I am so grateful for a warm cup of coffee between my icy hands on a cold morning, and the additional gift of warm steam rising to my face brings me so much comfort.
Dear God, for all of these blessings I give you praise and I ask you to keep gently nudging me with reminders of your goodness whenever I'm tempted to despair. Amen.
Thanks to Jennifer at My Chocolate Heart for hosting this MEME.