Saturday, December 26, 2009

Praise for Friendship/Christmas Praise
























This world can be an awfully lonely place sometimes, can't it? It takes a bit of courage and bravery to step out of our insecurity and reach out to others, but when we do, we often find that by reaching out to befriend another, we ourselves, are greatly enriched. In this wide world of bloggers, there are two women who have reached out to me again and again. I am blessed by their friendship and my heart is warmed by the recent awards they have sent my way. I thank Karinann for her Circle of Friends Award, and Judy for her Daily Blessings Award.














I offer praise to God for these lovely friends and for all of the kind visitors who frequent my blog. Before I began blogging, I had complained to my spiritual director that I had felt so alone in my faith without kindred spirits to share my values and my love for the Lord. Writing this blog has changed all of that. I have learned that this world is full of kindred spirits, fellow blog-writers who have a deep love for Jesus and a passion for sharing that love with others through the written word. My heart overflows with the love that I hold for each of you.

I offer praise to God for long-time friends and family members who live nearby and to whom I can turn whenever I long to share a story, a laugh or a tearful embrace. He has chosen to fill my cup to overflowing with goodness and joy.

I offer praise to God for the miracle of the Incarnation and the joy with which Christians celebrate it each year at Christmas.

Christmas Praise








Praise for her "yes" to new life within

The life that was meant to free us from sin

Praise for safe journeys through a difficult plight

Praise for His birth on that holy night

Praise for the warmth of hay and swaddling clothes

Praise for songs of angels that to heaven arose

Praise for stars to lead the way

Praise for His re-birth in our hearts each day

(Thanks to Jennifer at My Chocolate Heart for the MEME)

4 comments:

  1. Anne,
    Thank you for the mention and the link. I also thank you for the gift of your friendship. I am so amazed at the people God has placed in my life through this very unique medium.
    I agree, finding like minded people to share the faith with is not always easy, the Catholic blogosphere has proven to be a very supportive Catholic community.
    I am glad you are a part of it.
    Happy 2nd Day of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mele Kalikimaka, sweet Anne! Isn't it wonderful that we have so many days to say it and celebrate it?!!!

    Many blessings to you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this blog, it's been very uplifting to read your inspiring poems and thoughts. You are a very beautiful soul! May God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog definitely lifts my spirits!

    I know what you mean about feeling alone in your faith, blogging has changed that for me, also. I have found many people who love the Lord with all their hearts and want to share this love with others. I love how unique and different each blogger is, like snowflakes, no two are alike and each can share their gifts with others.
    I am very blessed to have met you:)

    ReplyDelete