Monday, January 25, 2010

Missionary Servants of the Holy Family






















There is a great new lay initiative beginning in Milwaukee, a group that will pray for strength in families. If all goes well, this will lead to a new religious order. The lay initiative is called Missionaries of the Holy Family and it is the unique calling of MaryClare Stephens. Yesterday the Missionaries held their first monthly Holy Hour and oh, how I wanted to go! I'm sure that regular readers know that I am extremely attracted to Holy Hours, and one specifically for families is right up my alley! But, my sons had basketball games and for me, an hour spent watching my son play and cheering him on is a holy hour. Time spent with family bonding and cementing our loving relationships is as holy as a family can get. I am very grateful to know that others were there at the Holy Hour praying for me and my family and I hope to join them in many future Holy Hours so that I too, can pray for all families.

According to the website: "The Missionarii Servi Sanctae Familiae, or the more common English name, Missionary Servants of the Holy Family is a Catholic lay group dedicated to the mission of praying for families, helping restore the sanctity of marriage and the family, making reparation and praying for an end to the sins committed against the family, all through the intercession of the Holy Family. The Missionary Servants of the Holy Family is for now just a lay group but all in God's timing and if it is God's holy will the MSSF ( initials for Latin name of group) will become a religious order and there will be religious sisters who will live a life dedicated and consecrated to praying for all families ( both broken families as well as those striving to live every day sanctity as a family), for the restoration of the sanctity of marriage and the family, making reparation and praying for an end to the sins committed against the family. The family and single branch of the MSSF will become a third order and if it's God's will there may even be MSSF priests and brothers."

Please pray for the success of this order and consider joining as a lay Missionary if God so calls you in this direction. To learn more visit Restoring the Family.

6 comments:

  1. Strengthening our families through prayer and intercession is truely needed today as it always has been.

    I will pray for the success of this order with you.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    What a beautiful and needed apostolate. My prayer intention for this year is for families; I will include the work of this group in those prayers.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for families ... what a blessed mission! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I join you in prayer!

    P.S. Hope your sons enjoyed their games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! And so needed in our day. I will definitely pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!!! And so needed in our culture right now for embattled families.

    ReplyDelete