Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter Rainbow

"I set my bow in the clouds and it shall be a sign of my covenant between me and the earth." Genesis 9:13


















My heart was growing cold like the winter weather. I saw heartache and pain all around me and there was no comfort to be found, not even in the House of God. The tears spilling down my frozen face were the only warmth I could feel.

Then, the weather took a strange turn. The sky was brilliant blue and clear behind me, but in front of me, snow showered from above. The sun was working to burn the snow away; I could see a faint glimmer of it shining behind the clouds. Then, right in front of my eyes, a miracle occurred! There before me, a bright-colored rainbow appeared in the snowy sky!

Every rainbow is a sign from God. It is his beautiful way of telling us that He loves us, all of us, and He will always love us. His covenant with the earth from the beginning of time has always been a covenant of love. What greater comfort could I have been looking for? God's sign of love for me in His beautiful winter rainbow has warmed my heart, and I pray that it will keep my heart warm forever.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome when we see and feel the love of God in the mist, especially when we have sunken to a low point.

    Yesterday, I was sitting on my front porch around 5:30 in the morning. I was feeling defeated over a particular child issue that had resurfaced. As I was praying for wisdom, I noticed the sound of the birds singing and watched the morning sun peak through the clouds. I knew it was the Lord reminding me to trust Him.

    I love the scripture passage you chose. And you always describe your feelings in such a beautiful way.

    God Bless ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    Rainbows like that are rare, thankfully God's love for us isn't.
    What a beautiful sign of hope and comfort.
    Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just need to wake up from our illusive slumber, otherwise we will miss the presence of the one without a second. Beautiful experience. May he grants you more such miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful sign of hope and love! Such a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rainbows. They always come when I most need a sign that all is well. God bless!

    ReplyDelete