Monday, February 1, 2010

Brushing Away the Burdens
















The gloom of winter holds me fast
my spirits sag like the tree branches
under the weight of the snow

But five young faces watch me,
care for me,
worry about me

they want to brush that heavy weight
off my heart like they brush the snow
from the branch of the tree

they reach out with smiles,
words of concern and love,
and gentle arms that wrap
around my coldness and bring me warmth

It almost always works
and for a while at least,
I am clear from worry and hurt
and I feel a bit lighter,
my burdens are brushed away

Thanks to my wonderful son, Joe, who always knows how to cheer me up! He knows I spend too much time at the computer, so he reaches me through email and sends me some smiles. I hope these brush away whatever burdens weigh you down as well, and helps you to see some joy in life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zOk_LQCkY&feature=related
click this link and be happy momma! ps: you can click these three links too if you're still sad :) smile mommy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzdw3V99hI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQNqk54HPdE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CZumDdZb84&feature=related
pps I Love You

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I've been feeling blue too--can we blame it on the weather? Really, I have lots for which to be thankful.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...thank you for sharing a piece of your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have sweet kids, Anne :) I'm sorry that you are still feeling bad. I was thinking about you today and sent up some extra prayers. I could never do your job, raise 5 kids, blog, write poetry,attend Mass, go to games...this would burn me out in a week. I am always amazed at how much you can do. May God bless you! [You need a nice long vacation!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, dear Anne! And your son is a joy, isn't he? My youngest child Mary, age 11, is just like your Joe: she is like a ray of sunshine every day. You are in my daily prayers. Just remember that it's always darkest before the dawn, and the Light is always there before you.

    ReplyDelete