Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Sweet Valentine for the Lord














the sweet sight
of fresh, white
snowflakes gently falling
fills the sky

the sweet scent
of heart-shaped valentine
sugar cookies
fills the house

the sweet sound
of children's voices
as they clear snow from the sidewalks
fills the air

the sweet feel
of my husband's arms
wrapped around me in a tender embrace
fills my heart

the sweet taste of hot chocolate
coats our throats
with warmth and cheer while it
fills our stomachs

but my soul remains empty
waiting for my sweet Lord
to fill the longing
that only He can fill

come quickly Lord
satisfy the ache
that keeps this hollow space wanting You
fill me with Your sweet love
Amen

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely poem. Thank you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your prayers will be answered because your desire for Him is so great. To have this desire itself is a gift from Him because you can be assured that He will fill it. God keeps his word.

    ReplyDelete