Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Last Supper
















Lord, You treat me like I'm Your favorite disciple, as if I am the only one with You although there are many who love You as I do. I sit at Your side and rest my head on Your shoulder as I gaze into Your loving eyes. Could it be that Your hands are shaking as You pass the bread to me? Is that a tremble in Your voice when You speak? How is it that I can be so close to You, and yet I feel so far away?

I can't understand what You are going through, Your words seem foreign to me, they don't make any sense. But I love You, I want to stay here with You. I want this night to last forever, You and me, side by side, loving one another.

You serve me heavenly food, Your very flesh and blood and I am satisfied. I know that if the words You speak are true about suffering and death, then this food You have given to me will strengthen me to face my own sufferings and bring You to live within me forever.

Jesus, I thank you for the gift of Your life poured out at this Last Supper and into eternity. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the prayer Anne. Reading that today was a great way to start my Holy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I join my thanks with yours, Anne. We are truly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete