Saturday, October 2, 2010

Salve Regina


My husband and I were blessed to attend the Rector's Dinner last night; it's an annual fund-raiser for our wonderful St. Francis de Sales Seminary. It was a joy to meet many wonderful friends and acquaintances, to share a delicious meal with some fellow members of our parish including our Pastor, and to hear the good news of the wonderful growth occurring at the Seminary under the guidance of the Seminary Rector and my good friend, Fr. Don Hying. But by far, the most beautiful and touching moment came at the end of the evening when Fr. Don asked all of the thirty-six seminarians to join him on the stage for the final blessing of the evening. Then, in peaceful humility, the holy men joined together to chant the Salve Regina from their nightly prayer. That beautiful prayer, vocalized so tenderly, will long remain in my heart as a great sign of love that all priests, and those men aspiring to the priesthood, have for our glorious Mother.

3 comments:

  1. What a moment it must have been to witness that, and what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful night!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting caught up with you, Anne! I've missed several posts. This gave me chills. I can picture the peace, love, and beauty.

    ReplyDelete