Friday, December 3, 2010

Ruby Slippers

















I slip my red shoes upon my feet
but something just feels wrong
like Dorothy in Oz I know
that this is not where I belong

I want to click my heels
and slowly count to three
and let my scarlet shoes lead me
to where I long to be

far beyond this world
to that celestial heavenly dome
and with each step I take there
I'll know that I am Home




















when I think about others
as I'm counting to three
I know that I am in
the best of company

I'm not the only one
wearing shoes of shiny red
for there are many others
including the Pope our head

If his shoes are red
while he walks this land
I know that my longing
is not a dream too grand

for he's waiting, too
and biding his time
with a yearning so real
to reach the end of the climb

yet, we're not alone
in our desire for God
for it belongs to many
though not all are ruby shod

Oh, Lord search within us
and see what's deep inside
a love that's so profound
it cannot be disguised

although all shoes might not be crimson
our love for You is real
please call us to your kingdom
where the bells of glory peel

There's no place like Home
There's no place like Home
There's no place like Home...

5 comments:

  1. This is an awesome poem, Anne! I love the picture of the Pope, too! The earth is like Kansas compared to the kingdom where "the bells of glory peel", isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem and love the correlation with the Pope and his red shoes...love it. Been meaning to e-mail you about my recent mental anguish. I wasn't going to post about it but then decided to go ahead. I know you can relate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever post. Thanks for sharing. I had to do a double take at the picture ...

    Now if you could just work on that part where we can click our heels and end up in Heaven, I'd be eternally grateful!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!!!!! What a great poem! When I moved back from Kansas, anytime I wore red shoes people would call me Dorothy. (Random, your poem reminded me of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anne, this is just wonderful! You are so talented...and I just love Pope B16's ruby red slipper!

    Thanks for the Monday morning smile, it goes great with my cup of hot Mango tea!

    ReplyDelete