Friday, April 1, 2011

A Thank You and a Promise

This past Tuesday I posted about my difficulties in coming to terms with the knowledge that precious babies are murdered through abortion in the very same hospital in which my WIC Clinic is located. (Right Down the Hall.) That post was met with many thoughtful and supportive comments and I also received several phone calls and emails of support as well. In addition, I had the opportunity to discuss my concerns with my spiritual director, and overwhelmingly the thought was that I should remain in my job here because I just may be doing more good than I can ever know.

I just can't express how very grateful I am for all of these wonderful comments and especially for the prayers offered for me. I think that my best response is to listen to your many words of wisdom, to remain where God has placed me here at this hospital, and to begin each day with a fervent prayer, asking God to please keep any babies from losing their lives here. And for each woman who crosses the threshold of my office door which has been blessed with chalk and holy water, I will offer a special prayer of gratitude both for her life and for the lives of her children. I will give each client I see the very best of my love and support in the short amount of time that I am able to spend with her and I will rejoice with the laughter of the sweet babies who find joy in their mother's arms while here in my presence.

I will also get myself over to the sidewalks of Affiliated Medical Services as often as I can to join my prayers to those of the many others who pray there believing that the evil of abortion cannot withstand the power of prayer. There will come a day when abortion is no longer legally permitted in this country and there will come a day when there are no remaining abortion clinics in which a woman may allow her child to be killed.

I am thankful to God for the opportunity to serve Him in this unique way, in this time, and especially, in this particular place. He has me here for a reason and I will place my trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment