Thursday, May 26, 2011

A New Bishop Gives Us Hope

While I've been writing about Fr. Don's haircut here on this blog, Pope Benedict XVI has been busy making Fr. Don the new Auxiliary Bishop for Milwaukee! Just goes to show how small and little my life concerns are! When I read the following announcement from Archbishop Listecki I immediately began to shake and tremble. I just can't imagine how Fr. Don must be feeling! I am overjoyed and extremely proud of my dear friend, the new Bishop Hying, regular contributor to Imprisoned in my Bones (I hope that will continue!). I ask you to please keep him in your prayers, now more than ever.



Dear Friends in Christ,

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Today the entire Church in southeastern Wisconsin celebrates the news that Pope Benedict XVI has appointed one of our own archdiocesan priests, Donald Joseph Hying, as auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.

Many of you already know Father Hying as brother-priest, pastor, missionary, seminary rector, and friend, and now we will know him as bishop. What a great compliment to the priests of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee that one of our brothers is now bishop-elect. Our Holy Father has gifted us with a true servant-leader as our new auxiliary bishop.

More information about Bishop-elect Hying and his appointment can be found on the archdiocesan website. Please join me in prayers of thanksgiving for this appointment. Through the intercession of Mary, our Mother, and Saint John the Evangelist, our patron, we ask God’s blessing on Bishop-elect Hying’s ministry. In a special way during this time of transition, we ask the Holy Spirit to guide the Church in southeastern Wisconsin.

In His Name,

Archbishop Jerome Listecki

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to him and I join your excitement! I am sure he will be an excellent leader for your diocese, you seem very fond of him!

    ReplyDelete