Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This Miraculous Life

I'm still floating on cloud nine from last Sunday's May Crowning. Would you like to see the pictures? If so, click on this link to visit Roses for Our Lady's slideshow-the most recent pictures are at the end (there are nearly 100 of them from this year!)

I'm also greatly enjoying my new Whirlpool High Efficiency washing machine and let me just tell you the reason why: I love my new washing machine because in the past three days I have not washed a single load of laundry! How can it be that this mother of five who usually washes at least two loads of laundry each day without fail is suddenly freed from this burdensome work? Is the laundry piling up, you may wonder? On the contrary! I love my new washing machine because my three teenage sons think it is so wonderful compared to our old clunker that they have voluntarily washed all of the laundry since they brought the new washer into our house! Life is good!

Now I better watch out for my soul because many years ago while I was still in high school I heard the pastor at my parish quote these words and he attributed them to Solanus Casey. Although I'm not sure the source is right, the words are wise nonetheless: "Never pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger. Never pray for tasks equal to your power pray for power to conquer your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you and your life will be a miracle."


Since I'm still feeling so elated, I thought this might be a good time to hold my FIRST EVER GIVE-AWAY!!! Now I wouldn't blame you one bit if you might be thinking, "Well, it's high time lady! You've only been writing this blog for two years and have yet to offer me anything but a bunch of words!"

You may remember last month when I reviewed The Invisible World by Anthony Destefano. Well, the author has kindly sent me another copy of his book so that I may share it with you, my wonderful friends! If you would like a chance to win your own copy of The Invisible World please leave a comment on this post or send me an email (you can find my email link in the "about me-view my profile" section on the sidebar.) I will then ask one of my hardworking sons to place all of the names inside the sparkling new drum of our Whirlpool High Efficiency Washing Machine of which they are so fond, and one blessed person whose name will be randomly drawn from the tub will receive The Invisible World in the mail. I will announce the winner and ask for your mailing address after the drawing which I will hold on Friday, May 13th, none other than the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima!

1 comment:

  1. Anne,
    I checked out the link! Wow! The slideshow was awesome and the statue of Our Lady beautiful. The only procession we had was from the Church to the Statue of Mother Mary on the church grounds. Yours was wonderful! I guess I should be glad we even had one ;)

    Glad you got a new washer! And, yes, please enter me in the drawing for "The invisible World"! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete