Sunday, May 8, 2011

Walk With Jesus and Mary




photo credit: Mark Hoffman, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Lucy Gutierrez, 7, rehearses the crowning of the Virgin Mary with the guidance of Kurt Keidl before the 31st annual May crowning and procession at the Archdiocesan Marian Shrine, Sunday, at the corner of N. 68th and W. Stevenson St. in Milwaukee, Wis. Following the crowning, about 300 people took part in a Eucharistic rosary procession around the neighborhood. The procession included members of the Knights of Columbus and two religious orders of nuns in traditional habits, as well as the faithful. JS Online

Thanks be to Jesus and Mary-everything went wonderfully according to plan for the 31st Annual Roses for Our Lady May Crowning! All my nerves and worries proved to be groundless, although someone once told me that if you are nervous before a big event, that just shows that you care, so if I had not been nervous, that would probably have been an ominous sign.

My friend, Fr. Jim Kubicki, SJ, who so kindly gave of his time today to join us in honoring our Blessed Mother, has written a wonderful post about today's event so while I kick back with a celebratory ice cream sundae, I invite you to pay a visit to Offer It Up, Fr. Jim's Apostleship of Prayer blog to read more about our Walk with Jesus and Mary!

And Happy Mother's Day to all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne~Great job on a glorious event! I am behind on all of my reading but I pray you had a lovely Mother's Day. Thank you for the nice wishes and also for the beautiful Easter card!

    ReplyDelete