Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sacred Heart of Jesus Pumpkin






















I love it when I get a great tip from a friend who knows what moves me! My dear friend Christi Jentz, herself a fabulous artist, sent this picture on to me, knowing of my great love and devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Look closely at this amazing work of (He)art! The Sacred Heart of Jesus, complete with the Crown of Thorns, was completely carved out of a pumpkin by young Hanna Gleason who graciously allowed me to post her creative artwork, dubbed, "Mama's Heart of Hearts" here. The Sacred Heart of Jesus in the Blessed Mother's hands is illuminated by the glow of an ordinary candle, but oh, how that glow has the power to warm many hearts!

I'm grateful for young artists like Hanna who use their gifts for the glory of God!

4 comments: