Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Little Liebster






There is a new award going around the blogging world and Theresa at carmelitemom has kindly bestowed it upon Imprisoned in my Bones. The idea behind the award is to recognize "smaller" blogs, those that have less than 200 followers and yet have some endearing quality that would make it a liebster (beloved) blog.

I am so grateful to Theresa for acknowledging me and my blog especially since her blog was one of the very first that I ever found and followed back in April of 2009 when I first set out to write my life story here. Theresa's lovely blog set the standard for Imprisoned in my Bones and today, there's more to my gratitude to Theresa than her lovely blogging skills.

Theresa works as an ultrasound technician in Pennsylvania and it was her that I thought of when my son Joe was preparing for surgery to drain his abcessed lymph node last month, for it was the ultrasound technician at Children's Hospital who kindly offered me the most understanding and compassion when I was at the height of worry about Joe's upcoming surgery. She was a voice of comfort and calm in the storm and I knew that dear Theresa in Pennsylvania must surely be the same comfort for her patients as well. How necessary it is to be the kindness of Christ for others in our varied lines of work for we never know how the anxieties that others carry in their hearts might be calmed by our presence. So thank you Theresa, for this award and thank you for the wonderful work you do to help others!

I would like to pass this Liebchen Award on to five wonderful little blogs that are worthy of more attention and notice for they are all great sources of inspiration. The requirements to the five blogs listed below is that they pass this award on to five more blogs that they love, and include their links, in the hopes that more "little" blogs will be found and recognized for the greatness that they contain.

Ann at the Priest's Housekeeper has a great way with poetry and an ability to find just the right words to encourage others in their faith. I admit that I am a bit jealous of her life's work-how I would love to have the privilege of caring for a priest by keeping his house! I can't imagine a more worthy way to support those who bring Christ to the world than by caring for the little details of the life of a priest!

I've long been a fan of Tom's Do Not Be Anxious. Tom is a caregiver to his elderly mother and in his spare time gives care to all of his readers by encouraging us to be peaceful in the presence of Christ.

I consider Tiffany at Family at the Foot of the Cross to be a spiritual hero. She is both a military veteran and a homeschooling mother to five lovely children. Her blog is filled with examples of the wonderful way she raises her family in the faith while growing into an ever deeper relationship with the Lord.

Fr. Jon Hansen writes Redemptorist Preacher from Saskatchewan and he has recently returned to blogging after a long hiatus brought on by the death of his mother. His daily reflections on the Word of God are a great way to start the day.

Finally, my favorite of all the liebchens I have awarded is to a still very new blog written by my dear and wonderful friend in real life, Mary Anne Urlakis. Mary Anne is a homeschooling mother to eight wonderful children and as if that doesn't keep her occupied enough, she shares her faith through her beautiful reflections on Salve Sancta Mater Dei. After visiting Mary Anne's blog, be sure to pay a visit to her son Kenny's blog, God Alone Sufficeth. Kenny is a fine young man who is discerning a call to the priesthood and he valiantly shares his thoughts on his blog for all to enjoy.

Thanks again, Theresa, for this award and the opportunity to recognize some wonderful little blogs that bring the light of Christ to a worn and weary world searching for a little bit of brightness to warm the way!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you, dear Anne! I am more than a little honored for this bigger than little award:) I look forward to passing this on and sharing! (And visiting these other liebsters too:) Thanks again and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, Thank you for the continued support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,congratulations on your "Little Liebster!"

    I wanted to give you one as well, but thought you were "too big". For some reason, I couldn't find your Google widget, and thought you surely had hundreds of followers. And, you should!

    Anyway, I'm glad Theresa honored your beautiful blog.

    I will be sure to visit the blogs you named. I've never been to any of them before..and that is the real fun of this award, the chance to learn about other precious little blogs!
    : )

    Love,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete