Friday, June 8, 2012

Links of Love (Eucharistic Love)

His Body.
His Body, beaten, bruised, broken, beautiful.
His Body...a gift for me...a nobody.
A nobody who becomes a somebody
through the indwelling of
His Body within my very flesh and soul.
Oh, I love His Body and how it changes me!


 Happy Feast of Corpus Christi!
 
In honor of the Feast I offer several links of good reading about our Eucharistic Lord...

One of my dearest friends, Fr. Jim Kubicki, SJ, who is the National Director of the Apostleship of Prayer, writes an excellent blog called Offer It Up.  In his most recent post, Christ on the Streets, he shares a reflection on Roses for Our Lady's Eucharistic Rosary Procession that was held last month to honor the Blessed Mother, but his reflection is written in light of the upcoming celebration of Corpus Christi. Read it for inspiration to publicly share your faith.

A local writer from the Milwaukee area, Marge Fenelon, writes a wonderful blog, Are We There Yet?, and her recent column, What a Contrast, includes a wonderful reflection from Pope Benedict on the significance of the Eucharist and the importance of both celebration and adoration of the Body of Christ.  It's a must read. You can find her blog post here.

The New Theological Movement  post on the Feast of Corpus Christi  has a great write-up about the miracle of Lanciano.  The pictures are amazing.  Believe!

I've recently run across a few blogs that have really touched my heart.  I am drawn to the beauty of the words and images that they contain and although I've only just discovered their blogs, I feel a kindred online friendship with the souls who write them.  So I wanted to share the links here in an effort to encourage you to visit them:

The Breadbox Letters and The Cloistered Heart are both written by Nancy Shuman, a spiritual director with a special gift for writing.  What a blessing that she shares that gift online for many to enjoy!

Truth Himself is a beautiful blog where Janette includes quotes and images that inspire devotion to our Eucharistic Lord and the truths of our Church. It is simply lovely!

Happy reading and may you be blessed in so many ways by the Real Presence of our Lord in your life.

(pictured:  Fr. Christopher Klusman)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, Anne! I love Nancy's blogs and will check out some of the other ones you mention here.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, this world is so blessed by bloggers like Nancy and bloggers like you! Thanks for writing your heart on The Beautiful Gate! You fill me with joy and offer me so much encouragement on my journey of faith!

      Delete
  2. I am speechless, both because of the links (THANK YOU) and the generous comments above. I will parrot your words to Mary, Anne... to BOTH of you. Your blogs fill me with joy and offer so much encouragement.. thanks be to God!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to leave one more comment: I am extra speechless as I continue checking the links you've provided. Offer it Up is a blog that has really grabbed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you like Fr. Jim's blog, Nancy! Thanks for all of the good that you do in the blogosphere!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Anne and Happy Feast of Corpus Christi to you! Visiting you here always fills my soul:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany, you are too kind! Thank you and Happy Feast of Corpus Christi to you as well!

      Delete