Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Vision

"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."  ~Mark 1:35


He goes off alone, back turned to all of those who love Him.  He retreats in prayer, needing space and privacy to strengthen His relationship with God so he'll have more to give to all of those who need Him.  But He doesn't see me watching from a distance, hiding from the embarrassment of following Him when He clearly wants to be alone.  I can't find the courage or strength to stay away and give Him rest or peace from my constant demands for attention.  I wipe away the silent, hidden tears that fall from the loneliness of being left behind without Him, even if it's only for a short time.  I want to be with Him always, giving Him some little comfort from His many burdens and receiving assurance of His love in return.  I want Him to be the constant King of my heart and can't bear to be separated from Him.

O Jesus, You are my King, even when You are far away and I can't feel You looking upon me with love.  Let my eyes forever gaze upon Your loveliness, your beauty, your strength.  Even when I behold you from a guilty distance, never permit me to take my eyes off of You.  Remain forever within the vision of my heart.  Amen.

"Look to Him that you may be radiant with joy and your face will not blush with shame."  ~Psalm 34:5

1 comment:

  1. I love your intense desire to be with and look upon our Lord...may we all "Look to Him" and be "radiant with joy..."

    ReplyDelete