Thursday, August 14, 2014

Curtains

"There he was transfigured before them.  His garments became radiant and exceedingly white, as no fuller on earth could whiten them."  ~Mark 9:3




The late evening sunshine filters through the lace of the curtains casting floral patterns of light and shadow upon the bedroom door.

Worn from the busyness of the day, I pause from my activities, enchanted by the simple beauty of the curtains revealed in a way I'd never before considered, not hanging on the window keeping the light out, but reflected upon the door bringing the light in.

Is my tired mind playing tricks on me?  For I'm certain I see an image that wasn't there upon first glance. Could it be Christ peeking out of the curtain's reflection?  Has my Lord come to visit me?  Is it Him standing there, white garment shining as if it had been touched by the fuller's lye, transfigured for my eyes alone?

Is He watching me, watching over me, drawing me into His light?  I can't take my eyes off of Him, and long after the sun sets and the shadows disappear, I watch for Him, hope for His return, not in a shadow on my bedroom door, but within my heart, where He will forever live.

Shine in my heart, Lord.  Illuminate my soul.  May the simplicity of Your beauty show forth with my every word, gesture and movement.  Let me be the curtain through which the world may see You.  Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Anne, is this your fall submission? Beautiful! CMJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent. It has touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete