Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Psalm 16 for Pregnancy

“Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope. Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in confidence.” Psalm 16

Isn’t this a perfect prayer for a little baby growing inside his mother’s womb? Picture that sweet little baby, stretching, growing, fumbling and completely oblivious to any worries. His needs for nutrition, warmth and safety are all being met by the mother who cradles him within her very self. Before she even becomes conscious of the baby growing inside of her, she loves him and wants him. She eagerly waits for the day of his birth. She eats well and tries to rest. She exercises to stay physically strong. She keeps all of her doctor appointments and follows his advice. She spends prayerful time with the Lord, asking for blessings upon her baby and herself.

This little angel baby can indeed have a glad heart and a rejoicing soul. His little body can completely abide in confidence, knowing that the mother he has been entrusted to, has entrusted herself to the care of God.

For Melissa and Adam-congratulations on your pregnancy-I'm so happy for you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Anne, that was so beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm going to share this with Adam when he gets home tonight!
    You are so wonderful! I really do enjoy reading your poems & stories, thanks for sharing them with me!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete