Friday, October 15, 2010

Bearing the Wounds

Ever since the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi on October 4th, a quote has been running through my mind; it comes from my dear friend, Fr. Jim Kubicki, SJ, and is in regards to the stigmata which marked the body of St. Francis.

"All of us are called to bear in our bodies the wounds of Christ. They may be wrinkles of parents who worry about their children, or bodies worn out from laboring to support our families. The marks of love, visible or invisible, should be there in those who bear the name Christian and who witness through their love to the love of God."

And then, this week, one of my favorite blogs, Just A Minute ran a beautifully heartfelt story about the illness of a loved one. It moved me deeply and exemplified Fr. Jim's quote so perfectly. I encourage you to visit Jenny's blog and read and reflect upon her lovely words in "He Suffers."

5 comments:

  1. Anne,
    These are very wise words from Father Kubicki. Suffering is universal and no one is exempt and Father's words are a beautiful reflection on this truth. Thanks for the links. Jenny's story moved me deeply, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for this timely reminder Anne.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful analogy that Father makes. I have never heard that one but it makes perfect sense. Jenny is a lovely writer and thank you for sharing her reflection. God bless you as you prepare for your consecration. Is it coming soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I love the reminder from Fr Jim, and Jenny's post was moving as well. (and her photos are great!)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quote. Thanks for posting it, esp. as I am exploring Franciscan spirituality at the moment! :)
    Love, Autumn xx
    ps: thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete