Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Guest Post-God Be With Me

My daughter Mary likes to play pretend. She likes to pretend that she is me as her fingers tap away at the keyboard, mind swirling around words of prayer. Thing is, she doesn't have to pretend to be someone else like this weak and weary mother, she is a gloriously prayerful poet in her own nine-year-old right. She recently tapped out this prayer and with her permission, I share it here.

God Be With Me


God in the rays of the sun, be with me.
God in the clouds of the heavens, be with me.
God in the hours of the day, be with me.
God in the waves of the water, be with me.
God in the light of the stars and moon, be with me.
God in the mists of the silence, be with me.
God in the stillness of my prayer, be with me.
God in the love of your heart, be with me.
God in the darkness of the night, be with me.
God in the playfulness of the day, be with me.

God be with me in every hour, every minute, every second of the day. I don't want to feel alone. You are my soul, my power, and my strength, but most of all, you are my life. I love you, oh my sweet, beautiful, loving God. I will love you each hour, each minute, and each second of today and of the days to come because you are with me always.

10 comments:

  1. That is like a psalm. Your daughter has a beautiful relationship with God. Her poem warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    I agree with Maria. Mary's simplicity in faith is shown beautifully in this beautiful prayer. May her relationship with God continue to grow with her.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,

    Your prayer is so beautiful! You are a natural poet, just like your mother Anne.

    God bless you and please keep sharing your writings with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anne! This prayer is so beautiful and heartfelt. Please tell Mary that I loved it! I know I've said this before but you really have wonderful children, Anne. That this prayer came from the pure heart of a child makes it twice as blessed. I hope Mary doesn't mind if I pray it, too.
    You may be weary, Anne, but you've sure done a great job as a mother :) I am keeping your family in my prayers in a special way this month as you all prepare for your consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. May God pour His blessings upon your household!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, Mary has incredible talent. Maybe she will be a professional poet. For a 9-year-old, that prayer is unbelievably beautiful and well written. (Sounds a bit like St. Francis.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very blessed. Remember those words and these times, especially when the clouds grow dark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fitting that your daughter's name is Mary. Her soul magnifies the Lord. Her spirit rejoices in God her savior.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very wonderful to have a child who loves God and looks for Him the way your daughter does! What a blessing you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your daughter shares your gift! What beautiful comments to share with her...I agree with them all! Praise God for the plan He has for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. St Francis and St Patrick wrapped up into one.
    I like this prayer for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete