Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Have Peace









disquiet overcomes
and irritation prevails
the pangs of pride
control me
taking over my peace

and He calls to me
bids me to come to Him
and I am drawn
to Eucharistic Adoration
falling on my knees before Him

praying for the peace
that comes from humility
I empty my soul
of all that torments
and release it to His love

arriving home
I see a rainbow in the clouds
His colorful covenant
of love for this unworthy
prideful creature

He called to me
He emptied me
He loves me

In the midst of my ugly pride
He gives me a rainbow of love
and I have peace
I have peace

3 comments:

  1. Anne, this is truly beautiful. Thank you. Humility truly does bring peace. Love that you saw a rainbow! God is so gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I stayed up to read this:

    praying for the peace
    that comes from humility
    I empty my soul
    of all that torments
    and release it to His love

    and this

    He called to me
    He emptied me
    He loves me

    Thanks Anne. Good way for me to go off to sleep. God Bless You and continue to give you Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly see why Colleen @ Inadequate Disciple highlighted your wonderful poem on "Pay It Forward". It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete