Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Marked



















I receive the ashes that label me as His child, His own.

The dust flakes down into my eyes, flirting with my lashes and
blurring my vision of worldly things, reminding me that the
spiritual realm can often contain that which is dirty, dusty and dark.

I let the ash that marks me settle deep within my soul,
allowing it to mingle with the sorrow and joy that God's love
has carefully placed within my life.

There, in the depths of my soul,
the sorrow and joy churn the dark ashes,
creating something pure;
preparing them for their presentation to the Lord in Heaven.

I am marked as His own and will carry that mark
from my forehead to my soul
beyond this season of Lent and into forever.

(a re-post from the archives)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Remember feeling the ashes flake down afterward too. I love this meditation. I hope the sorrow and joy are creating something pure in the depths of our souls. Like you, I want to be marked forever!

    ReplyDelete