Friday, July 23, 2010

Saturated

July has been a deluge of storms and rain, it seems that we've been hit with inclement weather at least twice a week this month. I love thunderstorms as long as I am home and everyone is safe, but it's getting to be a little ridiculous when we are hit with seven inches of rain in two hours! Flooded streets and basements have become the norm. We're thoroughly soaked! How I wish I could be soaked with something other than rain...I would love to be saturated with the Precious Blood of Christ...





















Saturated

"Amen" I say, and the cup is offered;
a small sip and I am back
on my knees with the taste of
the Precious Blood still strongly
flavoring my mouth.

A small sip is all it takes
for the Blood of Christ to
saturate every pore of my body.
I am drenched in the beautiful liquid
that quenches my deep thirst for Him.

Oh Lord, let your Most Precious Blood
that poured from your side
permeate my soul forever.
Immerse me, flood me, wash me in your love.

5 comments:

  1. Anne,
    This is so beautiful and so true- just one precious drop is all we need.
    Thanks you for sharing this.
    Wish He would send a little of your rain down this way :)
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. He fills our whole inside and heart and body and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anne for a beautiful reminder of our Lord's precious blood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blog you have! I'm blessed to have found you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anne,
    This poem has been so important in my experience this week, I have quoted the first stanza in a blog post with a link to this post. I hope you don't mind, but please let me know if you do. Thank you so much for writing and putting it here. It has really blessed me so much!
    The post is here: http://iamhisbeloved.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/so-much-has-happened-in-such-a-short-time/
    Many thanks,
    Autumn xx

    ReplyDelete