Thursday, February 25, 2010

Seven Quick Takes-In Gratitude













Those things for which I am thanking God today...

1. My husbands goatee is turning gray. He looks so handsome and manly in gray. I think God is a fabulous artist the way he makes the hair on the bottom turn completely gray while the sides are simply peppered with it. Paul's goatee makes me smile every time I look at him and I can never resist reaching up to touch it.

2. Even though we had a recent snowfall and it is as cold as cold can be outside, I know that Spring is just around the corner. I can hardly wait!

3. I love Lent! I love the simplicity and the doing without. I love it that Jesus takes my little Lenten hurts and turns them into Easter joy!

4. Basketball season is almost over! No more nightly running to practices, no more concession stand duty, no more sitting on the hard bleachers covering my eyes every time it looks like one of the boys are going to get hurt. My son Justin will be playing golf this Spring. We've never had a golf player in our family before. Doesn't golf sound a little more tame than basketball?

5. Need I say more?

















6. The kids are off of school today and so they are all sleeping in, and Paul has left for work. For one blessed hour I have the house to myself in the early morning hours before I have to leave for work. Today I don't have to listen to cries of "I can't find my uniform!" and "I don't know what to make for my lunch!" and "Mom, I need $10 for a field trip today, sorry I forgot to tell you last week!" and "Can you check my homework?"-all as we are trying to race out the door! Today I am enjoying an hour of silent bliss and joy!

7. No sooner had I typed the word joy, when I heard a little voice behind me ask "Momma, are you up? I had a really bad dream." Mary climbed into my lap and threw her arms tightly around my neck and buried her sweet face in my own. I asked her if she wanted to tell me about her dream, and she began. It had a dark night, lions in cages, a stranger offering her candy, and a house of graves. I am go glad that I was awake and alone and able to offer comfort to my dear little one after a dream like that. Being here for Mary when she needs me the most is worth more than any time alone in silent bliss and joy.

For all these gifts and more- I thank you, Lord!


Thanks to Jennifer at Conversion Diary for the MEME.

10 comments:

  1. What a great looking family!

    We had a dream with head eating wolves the other night. Lots to be frightened of. Your daughter is blessed to have your comforting arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your husband appreciates #1! Your husband is blessed to have a wife that can't resist reaching out to him. I feel the same about my husband and his gotee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that does sound like a scary dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family! I couldn't agree with you more on number 3.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne,
    You have beautiful kids! Just like their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the editorial Anne, I had heard of these folks but had not seen anything in print...very handy to have as a reminder. I printed it off and will put it in my prayer journal.

    God bless you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo of your children, Anne! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. +JMJ+

    What beautiful children you have!

    And what a scary dream for your little girl. =S I'm glad you were awake and able to soothe her.

    ReplyDelete