Saturday, May 30, 2009

Favorite Quotes/Fr. Don Hying

A great Pentecost quote from a great priest...published in the May 28th Milwaukee Catholic Herald.

"When we, like the saints, set the sail of our life to the mighty wind of the Holy Spirit, we will find ourselves doing things that we could never have imagined, witnessing to Christ in ways that seemed beyond our abilities and engaged in works of evangelization, charity and service that seemed impossible. One thing is certain. When we give our lives over to the Holy Spirit, nothing will ever be safe or dull again. We will find ourselves blown out to the deep water and then Christ will bid us to get out of the boat."

Fr. Don Hying, Rector
St. Francis de Sales Seminary

4 comments:

  1. Greetings

    I just found your blog listed under the New Blogs in the St. Blog's Parish Directory. Welcome to the Directory and welcome to the Catholic blogosphere.

    Laudetur Jesus Christus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warm welcome! I am so happy to be a part of the blogging world. It is a real gift from God that I am treasuring and enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anne.

    I have been reading your blog on a regular basis for the past few weeks and have been very blessed by it!

    Do you mind if I post a link to your blog to mine? I don't get much traffic, and am not looking for an increase in traffic, just a way to bless those who do visit mine and click around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely post a link! I would be very honored! Welcome to the Catholic Faith!!! Your blog is beautiful, I will be adding it to my links as well!

    ReplyDelete