Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Waves of Love

While sitting on the beach, watching the waves crash to shore, I am reminded of how God's love comes to us over and over again, never-ending. All we can do is soak it in.







I am coming to you
from the deep.
Can you hear me
speaking to you
in the sound of the waves?
My Word is love.
I repeat it
again and again
with each crash of every wave-
I love you
I love you
I love you.
Can you see me
coming to you in
the rolling whitecaps?
I am rushing towards you
over and over
anxious to reach you
to hold you
to love you
forever.

2 comments:

  1. I love worshiping God at the beach, there's nothing like it! Beautiful poem, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this poem. Nothing speaks to me about all I can know about God in this life like sitting on the shore of the Atlantic ocean in Maine. I really like your blog, and am looking forward to more postings (and poems!)

    ReplyDelete