Monday, March 15, 2010

crystalline raindrops
























barely awake
breath still coming slow and deep
I listen to the rhythm of rain
tapping on the window
hard, insistent

opening my eyes
just a sliver
reveals beauty so wondrous
that the slivers
soon become saucers

shimmering drops
on the window screen
are illuminated
by the streetlight
that glows down the street

the rain
takes on the look
of a million crystals
dancing on the window
to the urgings of the spring breeze

I am delighted
by the presentation
of natural beauty that glistens
before my eyes
as I awaken to the day

for God loves me and
He gives me visual presents
to draw me into the morning
into His love
and into joy

what a blessing it is
to live my life
knowing that God,
the giver of all good gifts
sends His crystalline raindrops

raindrops that entertain
and delight my soul with riches
I would never have known
from any other source
but God alone

3 comments:

  1. You are an angel! This is beautiful :) Your poetry glorifies God as does your blog. It has been raining here, too, but I often groan when it's raining [well, at least my body does]. But you write wonderful poems about it instead! I need to open my eyes and take a good look around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The visual presents God gives us brings so much to mind.

    "yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these."

    I agree with Mary, your poetry glorifies God as does your blog!!! Perfectly said!

    Thank you Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very talented. Thank you for sharing your poetry with us. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete