Monday, March 22, 2010

Washed Out

















hurt washes over me like a wave
drowning my face in tears
immediate-
without reason-
without restraint-

I succumb to the wave
and am washed out...

upon my return to the shore
I lay heavy with water,
soaked to the core
aching from the fight for control
of my emotions

I am drained and exhausted

resuscitate me Lord, and
keep me from the water's edge
Amen.

Therese Borchardt has a wonderful book and blog "Beyond Blue" which offers great comfort and support to those suffering through depression and other mental illnesses. I found this wonderful poem "Seasons of the Soul:My Bipolar Experience" there and was deeply moved. I hope it moves you as well.

4 comments:

  1. Our Lady, Star of the Sea, please cover Anne with your mantle and protect her from the storms. I am praying for you, dear Anne. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture. Wonderful poem. Thank you so much.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You express yourself so beautifully, what a gift you have. Kindre Spirit knew just what to write in response to your feelings.

    Prayers to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, what a beautifully expressive poem - thank you for sharing.
    Have a wonderful and blessed week,
    Jillian ♥

    ReplyDelete