Sunday, November 29, 2009

Manger Prayer
























Lord,

My heart is like the manger straw at Bethlehem. It’s cluttered, unkempt and dusty.

Yet, You chose to be born in my lowly heart just as You were born in a lowly manger.

You know that humble, unworthy surroundings are the perfect holding place for Your love to grow. What’s more, Your beautiful love transforms cluttered hearts and filthy mangers so that they become shining temples of glory.

This Advent, I will patiently wait for You to renew my cluttered heart with the birth of Your abiding presence and love. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Anne,
    This is such a sweet prayer. I will pray it throughout this Advent season.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! The same thought was floating around my head last night. Blessings to you this Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,
    I love this beautiful prayer. I prayed it, too.

    Funny, right after I wrote about how fidgety and inattentive Michaela is at Mass, she surprised me this Sunday and was an angel:)

    ReplyDelete