Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sam Lucero: Photographic Genius

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words.  It's cliche, I know, but absolutely true.  I could write on and on for hours and still not be able to adequately capture the beauty of God's glory that is evident in a single photograph of a glorious sunset that blazes with color, the perfection of an infant's foot, the joy of a child's toothless grin, the love of an elderly couple holding hands, the peace of a woman kneeling in prayer, or the wonder of an Archbishop embracing a newly-ordained man so tenderly that it resembles the way that God will surely embrace each of us when we finally meet him face to face.

I have shared my favorite photograph of now-Cardinal Dolan embracing a young man more than once on this blog.  That picture has moved me deeply.  But, what I failed to do in sharing my love for that photograph, is to give credit to the photographer whose genius and skill captured the moment that captured my heart.  I can only imagine how it must feel to be looking at a story on the internet, only to find your own words written on someone else's blog without giving credit to the original author, and the same is certainly true, and even more so, for photographs.

So to Sam Lucero, whose brillliant skills give glory to God over and over again in his photographic work, I apologize for not recognizing the gift that you have given to the world through your wonderful work.  And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your gentle reminder in a blog comment, when you very well could have been outrageously angered over my use of your picture without giving you credit.  You are a true gentleman, of that I'm certain.

And so, dear reader, I encourage you to please pay a visit to Sam's website, Inspired Images,  where you will find more evidence of his beautiful photography that is sure to uplift your soul to the heights of heaven. 

Photo Credit:  Sam Lucero

No comments:

Post a Comment