Friday, June 19, 2009

Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

“Learn of me,” He said, “because I am meek and humble of heart.” These two are the master attributes of the Sacred Heart. But the root of all its other virtues, furnishing nourishment even to meekness itself, is humility. If the Heart of Jesus had not been humble, it could not have been made meek.

Sermons by Fr. John Kelly




My Jesus, when I am tempted to pride and vanity, as I often am, draw me into your Most Sacred Heart and hold me close. Fill me with the virtue of humility so that I may become more like you. Let me use this virtue to comfort others who suffer from the humiliations of life. Help me to always remember that when I am meek and humble, I become a reflection of your gentle love to others. Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I need much more of the virtue of humility. 'Tis a difficult virture to obtain and practice well.
    Beautiful prayer.

    ReplyDelete