Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Flavor of the Lord


Jesus,

When I receive you in Holy Eucharist, I am awakened to love by my sense of taste. In your Body and Blood, I taste bitter and sweet flavors.

The bitterness reminds me of the great price you paid with your very life because you love me. The sweetness reminds me of the freedom that I have received through your love.

These flavors speak your word to me, Lord, in silence. All I can do is relish the taste and realize that all of life if flavored by your bitterness and your sweetness. All of life is touched by your sorrow and your joy.

These two flavors belong together and cannot be separated. Everywhere I go, everything I do, everyone I see, brings out your aura of bitter and sweet.

Both are one gift.
Both are one love.

Amen.

1 comment: