Friday, September 18, 2009

The Breath of God

"Breath of heaven,
hold me together.
Be forever near me
breath of heaven."
Amy Grant


“He breathed on them and said “Receive the Holy Spirit.”
John 20:22


Breathe on me Jesus,
let Your breath push aside
all of my worries and troubles,
all of my sadness and sorrow.
Make room in me for
Your spirit of love,
Your spirit of joy,
Your spirit of peace,
Your Holy Spirit.
Fill me to the brim
so there will be no room
for anything
but Your holiness.
Let Your breath warm me and inspire me.
Be my breath of life, Jesus.

Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Anne,
    Ironically, Breath of God was the title given to the days of retreat I just made. That song by Amy Grant is a powerful one, we use it as part of our Rachel's Vineyard weekends to help retreatants to prepare to live their new found faith.
    Your prayer too is as always quite beautiful and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE that song. My children used that in their Living Stations of the Cross and I can't listen to it without filling up with tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,
    I am going to print out this prayer; it's so beautiful and speaks what I long to say in my heart to Jesus! May he fill us all in such a way.

    Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete