Sunday, October 11, 2009
Jennifer at My Chocolate Heart has a thankful, chocolate heart-I want to be thankful, too!
1. It does a mother's heart so much good to watch her 5 children stand on a busy thoroughfare on a Sunday afternoon for one and one half hours holding signs that say "Abortion kills children", without a word of complaint. It's been a week since "Respect Life Sunday" and I'm still feeling good about what they did. I have to say that my brave kids really rock!
2. I love receiving letters with kind words, and this past week brought quite a few my way. What a blessing to know that I have touched others hearts even in a small way, and that others have touched my heart in return.
3. My husband Paul and I spent Saturday at a "Light Up Your Marriage" conference. It was wonderful! Confession, adoration, delicious lunch, fabulous guest speakers such as our dear own Fr. Don Hying from St. Francis de Sales Seminary, Mary Beth Hicks of "Bringing Up Geeks" Fame as well as a columnist for Catholicmom.com(a kindred spirit!), and the energetic and enthusiastic Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers of EWTN. I have to say that this wonderful day that ended in a blessing of the marriages of all participants certainly was a light for our marriage!
4. Spending Sunday afternoon with my children and friends at a Holy Hour for Vocations was a great way to start a new week!
5. Most of all, I praise God because He loves me so much, and keeps showing His love for me in new and varied ways like falling autumn leaves, bright blue skies, cool, crisp air, the opportunity to snuggle under blankets with my daughter and the first hum of a working furnace warming up the house.
And best of all, please pay a visit to Esther's Catholic Mom in Hawaai and be blown away by an amazing video by Eric Clapton and Luciano Pavarotti (Holy Mother)! I am very thankful that I got a chance to watch it today-I hope that you will be thankful for it, too!
For all of these blessings and for so much more, I thank you Father!