Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Awaiting the Unseen


In these final days of Advent waiting,
I wonder how you will come to me, Lord.
What will you look like?
How will I know you?

My heart grows impatient,
although I’m not sure what it is so impatient for.
A veil of darkness covers you; I can’t see you.
But, I am sure that when I do,
this wait will prove to have been worth it.

Come to me soon, God, show Yourself to me.
Lift the veil that hides Your mystery.

Bring me Your light, Your love.
Radiate around me and within me.
Fill me with joy.

4 comments:

  1. Anne,
    I think you have prayed here what each of us prays for; for God to reveal Himself to us. My prayer for you this Christmas is that you will see Him with the eyes and heart of Our Lady.
    Thanks you for sharing this and all your beautiful heartfelt writings. Thank you too for being a friend in faith.
    May you and your family have a Merry and Blessed Christmas and may God Bless you with abundant grace in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely prayer - "Fill me with joy."

    through the urging of the Spirit we make the space - and then God does what seems good to God. And if we listen carefully hearts will be touched and lives changed, destinies awakened...

    Now to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To echo the others ... this is beautiful. You have captured many of my thoughts here - and I pray that we all know Him when He presents Himself to us.
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete