Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mary's Lullaby/Feast of Mary, Mother of God

When my children were babies, one of my favorite lullabies to sing to them as they drifted off to sleep was Away in the Manger. Last week, my daughter Mary wasn't feeling very well, and she laid down on the couch to take a nap. I sat next to her and sang her this familiar carol to lull her into pleasant dreams. It got me wondering what kind of lullabies our Blessed Mother might have sung to the baby Jesus...






















Close your tired eyes, my child
and a lullaby I'll croon
As I stroke your golden hair
shimmering in the light of the moon.

I pray that God will hold you
so closely to His heart
until the sun arises
and another day will start.


My prayer for you...

May our Blessed Mother sing many sweet lullabies for you in this New Year and fill you with peaceful dreams of heaven. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. now this lullaby will surely bring only peaceful sweet dreams... happy new year anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah lovely!Belated Merry Christmas n Happy New Year!How hv u bn?I've a new poem..pls chk it.Miss ur lovely comments.


    www.deepteshpoetry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful...thank you Anne!
    That LOVELY image was on a Christmas Card we received this year...I can't WAIT to save it and frame it!
    Years back, I used to get frustrated and think, "How can I, with all of these children and utter chaos at times, relate to Mary (or more specifically, how can SHE relate to ME?) when she had but ONE, PERFECT child"...it was then that my son Jake told me that since Jesus gave His mother to ALL people for ALL time...she then actually had the trials and sufferings of EVERY child EVER born.
    This changed my perspective and relationship with Our Lady drastically!!!! Thank God for the wisdom of CHILDREN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...I have a termin al illness...and I talk with Mary every day..she has always been with me as she has always been with you...Blessed be Kim

    ReplyDelete