Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Birth Day


sitting lake side
feeling dead within
ripples grow and swell
fish rises, slips through surface
birthed by the waters into air

what pulls the fish
out of the depths of water
is unknown to me;
what draws me out
from the depths of darkness
is crystal clear

the warmth of friendship,
the presence of Christ
in the other,
a warm smile,
a gentle touch,
a listening ear,
a kind remark,
the hope of a love
that will last

suddenly alive again
everything fresh and bright
vibrant blue skies
stark trees
footsteps on rocks
clean, cold air

everything has new meaning
like the flying fish
I, too, am flying
birthed by the warmth of friendship
I slip through the surface of darkness
into the light of the Spirit
it is my birth day
I am born again

8 comments:

  1. Anne,
    Great imagery in this poem. All of those things you mention are all gifts from our generous God, and they certainly help draw me out as well.
    Thanks for sharing these beautiful thoughts.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is poured out in your words so beautifully! I am grateful to enjoy them! Love Danette

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Anne! Our lives have been enriched because of you. Thank you for you!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, I hope you are having a very happy and blessed birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a great birthday! Much love,
    Kee

    ReplyDelete