Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Change of Heart

“A man with two sons told the older boy, ‘Son, go out and work on the farm today.’ ‘I won’t,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. Then the father told the youngest, ‘You go!’ and he said, ‘Yes, sir, I will.’ But he didn’t. Which of the two was obeying his father?” Matthew 21:28-31



Sometimes we try to shut out the word of God and His will for us while we enjoy the indulgence of worldly pleasures. We pray with St. Augustine, “Lord, make me chaste, just not yet!” In this season of silent waiting, sometimes it is God who patiently waits for us to accept His will for our life.


Thirteen years ago I was pregnant with my third son in three years. I had just quit my job to stay home with the babies, when my husband lost his job. Frantically worried...keep reading...



5 comments:

  1. The closer we try to walk with Jesus, the more we see our flaws and try to overcome them. For myself, I know that this will be a life long process.

    But, Our Savoir is so merciful and full of compassion. He moves hearts and strengthens those that love Him. As our hearts are moved and strengthened, we can use our life stories to help others. I never what to speak for the Lord, but I can’t help but think that He is pleases by our willingness to share our life experiences in order to help others.

    God Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this story with us. God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anne. It is good to hear about the trials other Catholics face and the grace that they received to overcome them even when life is at its most difficult. Your cooperation with His grace gave you two wonderful children and a beautiful grace-filled family. Stories that you have told about each of your children have touched my heart and brought smiles to my face. When I feel overwhelmed by the sin in the world it is always a pleasure to visit your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I meant 2 more wonderful children:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this story. I'm so glad you listened to God's voice.

    ReplyDelete