Friday, December 11, 2009

Winter Winds and Inner Peace








While on my knees
in adoration of the Blessed Lord
I heard the winter winds
swirl viciously
around the chapel.
They whistled and howled and
did their best to come inside
through any slight
crack in the stained glass windows,
but to no avail.
The wind stayed out.
Inside the chapel there was nothing
but peaceful bliss with the Lord.









I want to be like that adoration chapel.
Let the vicious winds of life
swirl all around me.
Nothing will ever come inside to disturb
my inner peace
because the Lord is there
and with Him,
all is bliss.

6 comments:

  1. Anne,
    I agree with Sr. Anne Marie~great metaphor. It was the same here as well tonight. As I sat in church praying before Mass, I could hear the wind howling outside. Inside with Jesus I felt very warm and protected.
    Thanks for the beautiful poem and for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I love the imagery, especially as I sit here, winds howling around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whow, beautiful imagery! I would love to be like the adoration chapel too....simply beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful gift, Anne. I want to be like that too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayerful that one day I will be in the chapel too! Thank You Anne! You are gifted as a writer! Love Danette

    ReplyDelete